Most Number of Early Registrants
At the close of early registration (March 31, 2023 11:59 p.m.), the team with the most number of registered members will be granted funds of $250 to be directed to a non-profit (subject to Rotary approval)* of the team’s choice.
For both of these most-member challenges, if the team itself represents a non-profit (e.g., a volunteer emergency squad, school group, house of worship), the team may retain the fund grant. If the team does not represent a non-profit, it designates a non-profit for the grant.
Fastest Team. For the 5k race (only), the team having the 5 fastest times as compared with other teams, will be recognized. Only the 5 fastest times for each team will be considered, and only the 5 fastest team members are eligible for medals.
Most Spirited, Most Courageous, Best Dressed, Community Spirit & MORE Recognition! Perhaps your group isn’t the fastest or biggest, but, in addition to the teams with the most members and fastest team, we love to give deserving recognition to teams with spirit and courage, natty dressers, large family groups, teams dedicated to serving our community, and more! This is a fun on-stage photo op for your group or business!
General Rules Applicable to All Team Challenge Categories.
- All team members must be preregistered as 11:59 p.m. on April 26, 2023. No team registrations are taken on Race Day. (Individuals who are not registering with a team may, of course, register for the 5k, Ramble or in the Spectator/Goodie Bag category on Race Day.)
- All team members must specify their team when they register, using the same team name.
- Team registrants do not need to actually participate or be present on Race Day. Thus, teams trying to raise funds for their chosen non-profit cause may with to encourage registrants for their team, even if those registrants can’t be present on Race Day.
- All team registrants will receive a t-shirt and goodie bag while supplies last. T-shirts and goodie bags are only available on Race Day at the Registration Desk.
- Teams with 25 members or more are entitled to set up a table (not to exceed 4 ft. x 8 ft.) in a location at the event designated by Rotary to promote their organizations.
*Rotary International is a service organization whose motto is “Service Above Self.” Our causes are promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, saving mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies. Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
** The last race held by Montgomery Rocky Hill Rotary Club due to the Covid-19 pandemic.